Jera Massage & Holistic Services is the business name used by Rochelle Steele Herring, Licensed Massage Therapist. (MT#110274)
Rochelle received her massage therapy license from the Texas Department of State Health Services after completing the 500-hour program at KeKino Massage Academy in Plano, TX in 2009.
After a 200-hour program and internship in 2009, Rochelle is also certified in Reflexology by the International Institute of Reflexology.
In addition, she has completed 80 hours of training and is certified in Facelift massage and Body Contouring.
Rochelle completed additional advanced training in Prenatal Massage and Massage Doula Support from the Institute of Somatic Therapy in order to better serve clients during and after pregnancy.
Dedicated to providing a customized session for each client, Rochelle incorporates several modalities of massage, including Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point and Myofascial Therapy, Manual Lymphatic Drainage techniques, Reflexology, and Muscle Energy Techniques. She also has training in clinical aromatherapy and various spa treatments.
In addition to massage therapy, Rochelle also is a Usui Reiki Master Teacher and has studied various aspects of holistic healing and sound healing.
Code of Ethics
As a member of Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals, I hereby pledge to abide by the ABMP Code of Ethics as outlined below.
- I shall endeavor to serve the best interests of my clients at all times and to provide the highest quality service possible.
- I shall maintain clear and honest communications with my clients and shall keep client communications confidential.
- I shall acknowledge the limitations of my skills and, when necessary, refer clients to the appropriate qualified health care professional.
- I shall in no way instigate or tolerate any kind of sexual advance while acting in the capacity of a massage, bodywork, somatic therapy or esthetic practitioner.
Scope of Practice / Appropriate Techniques
- I shall provide services within the scope of the ABMP definition of massage, bodywork, somatic therapies and skin care, and the limits of my training. I will not employ those massage, bodywork or skin care techniques for which I have not had adequate training and shall represent my education, training, qualifications and abilities honestly.
- I shall be conscious of the intent of the services that I am providing and shall be aware of and practice good judgment regarding the application of massage, bodywork or somatic techniques utilized.
- I shall not perform manipulations or adjustments of the human skeletal structure, diagnose, prescribe or provide any other service, procedure or therapy which requires a license to practice chiropractic, osteopathy, physical therapy, podiatry, orthopedics, psychotherapy, acupuncture, dermatology, cosmetology, or any other profession or branch of medicine unless specifically licensed to do so.
- I shall be thoroughly educated and understand the physiological effects of the specific massage, bodywork, somatic or skin care techniques utilized in order to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial techniques to apply to a given individual. I shall not apply massage, bodywork, somatic or skin care techniques in those cases where they may be contraindicated without a written referral from the client’s primary care provider.
- I shall maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, providing services in an ethical and professional manner in relation to my clientele, business associates, health care professionals, and the public.
- I shall respect the rights of all ethical practitioners and will cooperate with all health care professionals in a professional manner.
- I shall refrain from the use of any drugs, alcohol, or intoxicants prior to professional sessions.
- I shall always dress in attire suitable and consistent with accepted professional practice.
- I shall not be affiliated with or employed by any business that utilizes any form of sexual suggestiveness or explicit sexuality in its advertising, promotion or practice of its services.
Image / Advertising Claims
- I shall strive to project a professional image for myself, my business, and the profession.
- I shall actively participate in educating the public regarding the benefits of massage, bodywork, somatic therapies and skin care.
- I shall practice honesty in advertising, promote my services ethically and in good taste, and practice/advertise only those techniques for which I have training and/or certification. I shall not make false claims regarding benefits of techniques rendered.